Friday mornings free? Join us at our Adults Study Group, for two hours of pure creative writing and conversation. If you have an interest in writing or if you are unsure, our doors open at 10:00 a.m. and continue until 12 p.m. at The Write Space, Bishop’s Court.
The Friday Adults Study Group has been meeting for over three years! That Group now includes writers from Newry, Slane, Drogheda, Carlingford, Carrickmacross and Dundalk. The Friday Group runs on a four week term in Dundalk – two hours per week. Each student works within the structure outlined in The Write Space Manual. Class structure is kept to a maximum of 8 students to allow for total concentration, a successful work ethic and confident writing development.
When you attend our Study Groups, you not only learn how to express what is forming in your imagination, but you also reach out into a wider community with your talents. Our Study Groups also offer you a new path-way towards publishing your own book, employment or personal self-fulfilment.
You will learn
– What is a literary character?
– Constructing viable characters Protagonists and Antagonists.
– Developing plot through story arcs.
– Dividing writing into viable acts with tried and tested patterns.
Show Not Tell
– Evoking the senses into the written word.
– Looking at the wider 3D world in literary form.
Finding a writing voice
– First or Third and examining narrative.
Writing effective dialogue
– Using techniques that will enhance the story.
– Putting dialogue into its proper context.
Early booking is essential as places are going fast! See you there!
- Posted by auraadmin
- 0 Comments